WHAT TO EXPECT
- Arrive with a fresh face and the
- Avoid direct sun exposure causing a sunburn
- Avoid waxing, depilatories, electrolysis, + laser hair removal a week before microneedling appointment
- Avoid skin products that contain vitamin A or retinol for the week prior to treatment
- Avoid oral isotretinoin(Accutane) for 6 months before microneedling appointment
- Notify your provider if you are prone to cold sores or herpes infections
- We will numb the treatment area with a topical lidocaine compound for about 20 minutes.
- If you are receiving microneedling with PRP, we will draw your blood while you are numbing.
- Apply the approved product your kd provider sends home with you as needed over the next 24 hours
- Avoid skincare products for the first 24 hours
- Return to normal skincare routine after 72 hours with the exception of exfoliants and retinols, which can be introduced 7-14 days
- Avoid direct sun exposure for 7-14 days
- Avoid strenuous exercise for 24 hours after treatment
- Avoid waxing or laser hair removal for 14 days
- Apply spf regularly
- Do not use wash cloths or other type of cloth on skin for 24 hours
- Do not pick at treatment area
Q: Does microneedling hurt?
A: It depends on your skin sensitivity. We apply a numbing cream before the treatment to reduce any discomfort.
Q: When will I see results?
A: Results begin approx 28-34 days after your first treatment and continue to improve. The glow is for real.
Q: How many treatments do I need?
A: Three treatments are recommended for the best collagen production. For acne scarring 3-6 treatments.